Monday, October 15, 2012

Third "Love, according to them...."

My roommate (B) & her boyfriend entered into a relationship in the end periods of our sophomore year (last semester)
I have heard the story of her boyfriends (D) pursuit many a times... I could probably even tell it to you but not as good as they can and minus the precious eye gazes that they sometimes give to one another when they tell it.

And through those stories... this is what I have learned from B & D about love...

I have learned that every girl deserves to be pursued.
And when I say "pursued" I don't mean... "Get her... get her.. got her. Prize Won."
I mean a continuous pursuit.
Once he gets you... he should still be continuing to figure out what makes you laugh.
What are the little collection of things that brings you joy...
Find out what small things he does that has a tendency to rub you the wrong way.

Instead of just this "one-shot, let me learn all about her just so I can "get her" kind of thing.. it should be a learn so much about her but still have the desire to keep pursuing her within the relationship to really keep her.

Relationships in all sorts should be a continuous pursuit, constantly trying to unravel the beautiful puzzles before us and explore all of the wonders it holds.
And at some point we will be able to say that we know someone else better than we know the back of our own hand yet still be fascinated by the continuous and daily pursuit of them.


I have also learned from them that sometimes it just takes one time to find love.
Without the constant searching, constant running into the wrong type of love, without the constant heartbreak...
They have taught me that love, and good love can be found with just one search.


So that's love,
according to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment