Monday, October 15, 2012

Second "Love, according to them..." Post

My parents marriage has taught me ....

That I want someone who is so secure in themselves, that it allows me to do the same.

My parents are certain in who they are as a couple, as a family unit etc.
But I do not believe that security can happen without the security that they have in themselves as individuals.

My dad knows he is not defined as a pastor, he is not still searching for himself because he knows of his identity in Christ and how that is ultimately what he is called to be, a follower of Christ and within that comes his identity description; Father, husband, Pastor, Church Planter, Friend etc.

Same goes for my mother.
At the core of who she is she knows what kind of woman she is, she knows what her strengths are the environments in which she most adequately strives.
She knows what makes her laugh and what rest means to her.

And sure, maybe what they like to do may change, their hobbies or interests may fluctuate, their taste buds may no longer enjoy their favorite foods but... at the end of the day they can confidently declare who they are and that is why their love works so well.


My parents are no longer trying to find themselves, they already know who they are, and that is why they are able to walk confidently in their marriage with one another.
Yes, because they know the other person but most importantly because the other person knows thyself.


So that's love,
according to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment