Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Shoots and Vulnerable Ramblings.

I approached today knowing I would be capturing some beauty shots of a friend, with little intention that I would be photographed myself.
Its shallow, but sometimes we need to look at pictures of ourselves and see our beauty staring in front of us.
It won't look like her beauty, or his, or anyone else. It will look like YOURS.
&& that's all the beautiful you need to be. 

If I could do anything for the rest of my life, it would be an advocate of beauty.
True, pure, unscripted, flawless and yet imperfect type of a beauty, that is possessed by every individual.
I know what it's like to wake up in the morning and know that the very sight of yourself in the mirror will make your stomach churn. To consistently think to yourself how you're not worthy of anything.
To constantly compare, and pretend that you can give yourself attributes that aren't yours to have.
THAT is no way to live.
We weren't  just thrown together on a whim, we were created. 

Do you know what that means?
Cre·ate
krēˈāt/ 
verb
past tense: created; past participle: created
  1. 1.
    bring (something) into existence.
    synonyms:
    producegenerate, bring into being, makefabricatefashionbuild,construct;2 cause (something) to happen as a result of one's actions
                             synonyms:
bring about, give rise to, lead to, result

That means who you are, how you were hand sculpted and formed was INTENTIONAL, not by mistake or "just because" it was to bring YOU, all of YOU into existence. 
 I have changed my insecure, shallow prayers from "Lord, let this be skinnier, take this completely away, let me be seen like this by others..." to 

"Lord, let me see myself the way YOU my creator sees me."

This is in no way by my own doing, I have had a lot of people pouring into me in terms of how they view me, how they see God through me, how their prayer for me is for me to see my worth. It has been and continues to be a journey of soul searching and beauty finding.

But I've learned that it comes down to this...

L O V E.
Y O U R S E L F.
because there's no way anyone else can love you better, until you learn how to do it first.








No comments:

Post a Comment