Friday, August 2, 2013

The start of Life together.

I am currently sitting on my new living room floor in my mod.
I was in a packing flurry just moments ago just trying to get things organized. There is stuff everywhere, my OCD is kicking in full throttle and I am reminded that I've been up since 5am when I plopped down in slight exhaustion.
And then I just lied there, everything that happened today running through my mind like a really fast picture movie. Starting with waking up this morning, kissing my siblings and waking up the crazy ones who decided to join us on our hour and a half drive to Morgan Hill. To the prayer that was spoken over myself and a friend of mine , the conversations we had during the drive (before I knocked out), the welcome back dinner with all the RAs, and the first meeting with my new staff. At the end of it all, I was overwhelmed with gratitude and tears started to trickle from my face.
How in the world did I get this blessed?
Leaving home is hard, because my family is such a huge part of who I am and have such a prominent place in my heart.
Coming to APU makes it hurt a little less....because just as much as I am leaving goodness at home, I'm coming to goodness here at my second home.

I am entering into this year as a 2nd year Resident Advisor, which I've mentioned before is one of the biggest things that brings me so much life. I will be working with sophomores which I am super thrilled about because they're like freshman but with a year of experience under their belts, maybe even a little bit more excitement filling to their brims, and they're still fairly fun. I'm also excited because it gives me the chance to be around some of my girls from last year (separation issues to the max). I am excited to get to know each mod and learn about how their college journey has been, who they are as individuals and where they're going or want to go in life.
Also... I learned last year that each living area gives different opportunities to serve. In the dorms you are able to have that close, day-to-day living, that good morning and goodnight type of living. Its up close and personal but in the mods its a little bit more spread out. In the mods, there is an opportunity to serve through hospitality. You have a living room, a kitchen and the chance to be able to open your door and let fellowship and conversation while something is baking to happen. The materialistic side of me is way too excited to prepare a homemade meal and serve people in that way. Bring on the coffee and pancakes!

After my first meeting with my new staff , I am so excited to get to know each and every one of those individuals. They are already bringing me so much joy and let's be real.. sometimes you just connect with people instantly. You learn little things about them and your response is basically, "SHUT UP! ME TOO!" It's a good feeling to know that you can connect with someone. I have a whole group of people to connect with and I cannot wait to intentionally enter in those relationships. 

On Monday, we leave for our Ten Day Walkabout Journey. You know that ten day backpacking trip only crazy young people go on and don't shower or wear deodorant? Yeah that.
I was just meditating on how last year my emotional state was so drastically different. All last summer, my training was geared by a fear. A deep seeded fear that clouded my vision of seeing God and his plan for me in those mountains, a fear that I was incapable, physically built poorly and all wrong. I realize now that that fear was enemy planted. This year I was aware of that and did not (and won't let) negative thoughts about this trip cloud my thoughts or judgement. This year however, he's definitely attacking physically, I've had a sore throat  and feeling slightly fatigued for the past few days and have been downing Vitamin C and halls. My mother gave me a soft warning that when the enemy can't attack mentally, he'll go for the physical which is something I definitely don't need considering the fact that Walkabout is all physical. So friends, I am asking for specific prayers that I will be fully healthy mentally and physically for monday and for my team whoever they may be, that God would meet us as a group and individually in ways that we may not even realize we need. Please and thank you!

I do not know what this year will hold, and I wont until it's all said and done.
But God is moving already. He is shifting relationships and creating beautiful chemistry and orchestrating the story of this year. I can't wait to grow and stretch through it, to wrestle and settle with it all. I can't wait to live it. 

Can you tell I'm excited?



1 comment:

  1. Soooo proud of you and what God is doing. Stay strong and focused on the Jesus. He is in charge and we are not.
    God has a whole world for you to rule reign and have dominion over. You are doing the very thing your mother and I spoke over your life when we named you. Be the Lioness in Christ. You Go Girl!!

    Dad.

    ReplyDelete