Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mugs N' Muffins

This past sundays, my staff & myself put together a little event where the entire Adams Hall could come with mugs, wearing comfy pjs load up on some tea& treats and snuggle amidst some blankets.
We started the evening with a few worship songs and the little lounge was filled with heavenly voices.

I closed my eyes because thats what happens when you want to savor something isn't it?
You inhale a bit, close your eyes and soak it all in.
For me, it was soaking in the warmth of 30-40 bodies in one small room.
It was the smell of four different flavors of tea.
It was opening my ears and my heart to the worship that played all around me.

And then you open your eyes to make sure you're not dreaming and that the goodness you're experiencing is still your reality ya know?
I wasn't dreaming... I'm not dreaming even though every day it sort of feels like I am.
Thats how unreal this all has been, and I mean unreal in the best of ways.

After worship, we opened the floor up to a pannel where the girls were allowed to text in questions that they wanted to ask us.
Did you meet your best friends on your hall?
How do you find rest in the midst of college craziness?
What is your best boy advice?
What is one word or phrase that God is showing or teaching you this year?
PURPOSE.
God is showing me my purpose... in little bits and pieces he is showing me everything that I am passionate about. The things that make my adrenaline rush in excitement and also the those that break my heart as well.

Lately it seems as though academics have been the little monsters reassuring me that I am capable of nothing... that I know nothing, that I am good at ... nothing.
But after this night its as if two dear girls in the hall knew my inner ugly thoughts and battles with myself and were sent as little elves to remind me that I am capable of something, that I know not everything but somethings and that I am good at...a few things.

I thought I was coming into this hall to teach, help others grow, pour love into others... we think that a lot in circumstances don't we? That its only us who contribute to the work of God that happens around us... how silly is that?
Already these girls have taught me so much, have encouraged me more than I could have ever imagined.

THIS. is my life right now.
How did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment