Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sixth "Love, According to them..."

Being an RA has shown me so so many things about love... but for this sixth post I will mention just one of them.

In this job, I have learned that love is indeed jealous.
We find something and begin to love it and claim it before it even has a chance to claim us, and whenever something gets in the way or takes a piece of that love, we feel a little jealousy.

I love that my residents have alpha groups, and friends besides me, that's what they're here for!
But at the same time there's this little thing in me that says "No, their mine!" That's normal though right?

I think love needs a good does of jealousy.
I believe that sometimes it shows how deep your love for that person or thing may be... so deep that you feel this tug of possession over them (hopefully in a healthy way)

Our jealousy can show that we care.
It can also show that we don't... learning the boundary is up to us.


So that's love,
according to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment