Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"You look so good!"

"You look so Good."
Those are pretty superficial words right?
Well for me I have not received those words as much as I have within the past couple of months.
And I promise I am not saying this in a bragging, or stuck up fashion.
For me these words play into not my pride, or my ego but my confidence, my worth, my self-esteem.
We all struggle with how we look, our different flaws we wish we could change, etc and sometimes the things we want to change isn’t even in our controltochange.
But what happens when it is?
I am making this declaration that between freshman year and now I have lost almost 40 pounds.
FORTY POUNDS!
I don’t necessarily know how, maybe it has to do with my recent like for running, or the fact that in college you have two options. Eat or sleep.
apparently I chose sleeping.
but what came out of that was the ability for me, to genuinely feel good in my own skin.
I am a HUGE believer that beauty is yes, ultimately on the inside.
what matters is your attitude, your heart, etc.
however this is hard when we are constantly surrounded by people who focus on the outside.
Does that mean we too have to focus on the outside?
heck no.
BE YOU.
be your own kind of beautiful whatever that means for you.
be comfortable in the skin you were created in.
love yourself.
when it comes down to it that’s all that matters
because your Creator already thinks you’re out of this world GORGEOUS.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment