Tuesday, May 10, 2011

beauty rant.

before reading....feel free to click this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w8uM-H6_jg

& listen while reading :)

Has beauty become a concept of empty mindedness?
Where has the depth in the meaning of beauty disappeared?
Whenever the word slips into the corners of the mind the idea relating to the richness of the color of a red rose or the way a sunset looks painted on even a canvas is not what appears
Instead how skinny is she
She’s too big
He’s not big enough
Her eyes aren’t wide enough
Her nose stretches too far
Her hips are massive
What about the size of her heart or the thickness of her intelligence
Does that satisfy your sick idea of beauty?
Tuck this
Cut that
Hide those and show all of this, that and those
We might, as be saying tuck away your intelligence
Cut out all of your values
Hide your true colors
Only show what little of your appearance that’s beautiful according our distorted mindsets

Kiss classy goodbye
Because now classy is trashy which is a contradiction if I don’t know what is
Thin is in but not too thin because then you’re sick
Thick is out unless its in certain places then your okay, you can stay

What about being fearfully and wonderfully made
What’s that?
Similarities are great but it’s the flaws that make you different
Its what you hide, fear and sometimes disgust that makes you unique
So strut what your mama gave you but don’t make her wanna slap it back
Your smile can be your best makeup
Please take mental note of that

And then there’s me
Never been skinny and I don’t think its gonna happen
Had to tell myself fingers down throats are not miracle workers they are tools to your own destruction
And the mirror only breaks because you’re usin it to cut deep into your already thin perception
Honey you are beautiful
Don’t listen to the curves okay but not in this way
Who are you to say what is or isn’t okay?
Last time I checked no matter thick or thin the blood that runs through these veins is still passion
And the words that come from one thin, one plump lips still matter

So I will do my best to shatter every misconception that you and i need to be better
Perfection does not have to mean conceit
It can just be comfort
Comfort in the skin I’m in
Because not only dust and mans ribs make this woman
But a heart for children
a mind for theatre
And everything else for Christ

So judge me
Mental snip cut and tuck whatever you please
But this is me
Take me
Or leave me
I’m a lioness and still will I roar
Still, will we roar

No comments:

Post a Comment