Saturday, November 24, 2012

Eleventh "Love, according to them..."

I had a dream the other night where I went blind in one eye.
It was so weird because in the beginning of the dream I had sight in both eyes...but as the dream came to a close I only had sight in one. I couldn't tell you what else happened in the dream or what it was about but I most definitely remember going blind.

And so I guess the question now is, what does this have to do with love?
You see, there's this misconception...well at least I think its a misconception that "Love is Blind." and I honestly dont think love is blind at all.
In fact I think that love sees everything... Think about it,
When you love someone and I mean truly love someone you see everything about them; the ugly &the beautiful.
You see the things that hurt them most and in some cases you can be the reason for the hurt...
You see what makes them laugh, you know the face they make when something irritates or bothers them
You know the moments when they're hungry because they give off this sort of vibe that you've become so familiar with its like second nature
You are able to wipe away their tears and still call them beautiful

See love is not blind... love sees absolutely everything and still choses to love.
So maybe thats where the idea of "love is blind" came from...its blind because it sees everything and yet regardless of the tantrums, the hurtful words, the not so pretty face ...it ignores that and continues to love.
Isn't that wonderful?
I doubt thats the reason I had that dream.... but I got a blog out of it.
And so there it is...
Love is...and yet it isn't blind at the same time
It sees all and yet still choses after everything it goes through... to love.



So that's love,
according to others... or well more like according to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment