Friday, October 19, 2012

Eighth "Love, according to them..."


About a month or so ago, my roommates boyfriend messaged me saying that their 6month anniversary was coming up and he wanted to know if I could possibly help him with something he was planning. B however caught on and so he left it for sometime but then early this week brought it back to my attention and asked me if I could distract her this morning so that he could leave something for her in our room.
 Mind you, this was after they had a breakfast together this morning since they couldn't do dinner that evening. So presh.
Anyway, even though I was apart of the scheming, I had no idea what he was up to. Until that is he sent me the text that said all was done, and the room was clear...somewhat.
B and I walk back to the room, I open the door and proceed to my side of the room as usual but B stops in the door way and stares at the array of cards and a bowl of rose centerpiece placed in the center of our room. She looks at me & I just smile back at her and she made her way towards the surprise. 
On each individual card, D wrote all of the reasons why he loves her. 
I watched her as she planted herself on the floor carefully taking it all in and then one by one reading the cards and stacking them together.
I decided to contribute to this moment by playing some background ambiance music.
Just that sight alone was breathtaking but then of course I found myself reading the nicely stacked gift and I almost started crying.. But only like one tear actually fell... 
Anyway, 
The reasons for his love were so inspiring to read, some were funny, some were a little more serious but all of them you knew he meant with all of his heart. 
The fact that he took the time to do that AND that he wanted it to be a surprise...
I was just blown away.

It was not so much that this taught me something new, it more so reminded me of what I sometimes forget, and that is that love, as long as it may take, is worth waiting for. 
It was one of the wonderful moments I needed to see happen and get to be somewhat apart of and it reassured me of all of the reasons why I wait.. that one day, after all this waiting, I will know that it was so worth it. 


So that's love,
according to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment