Saturday, March 17, 2012

Fullerton Piece!


Context: The event was titled, "The Blueprint Conference" 
Scripture verse: 1 Kings 6:12
:)

I told my parents
That if I were ever to get a tattoo
I would get an anchor on my ankle to represent everything that I find myself rooted in
Placed near my feet because they’re the only parts of me that knows what a foundation truly feels like
I thought that my family was my foundation
But in reality I found that they were the lighthouse in the midst of my
Growing pains looking a little like thick fog

When I came to college I realized that my fathers seminary degree was not my own
That I still had to learn and wrestle with the complexities of who God was
And just because I was deemed a Pastors Kid when his hands reached for his diploma
Did not mean that my foundation would be formed the same way his was

My first level started with a season loneliness
My feet planted in the security of …..in that very moment God was the only one who kept me from falling
My cement to ground me in his words written in red ink, firm and unmoving so that I could not ever confuse it for sinking sand 

Second level….
The knowledge that my purpose in life was not wrapped in the comments or opinions of others
Whose buildings were crumbling beneath them without even blinking once in disbelief
That my words and actions were to create one, straight, forward and then upward path that didn’t retrieve back to my own mouth

Third Level….
Whatever it is we think we are majoring in
We need to remind ourselves that it’s not in the science of how God works
It’s not the psychology of his mind because no textbook could put the definition of EVERYTHING into sufficient words
So our attempt to take notes on the final exam is in no way beneficial
Instead we just need to observe the art we cant explain and appreciate every intricate meaning it portrays

Fourth Level
It’s said that our bodies are temples
A holy place where the divine resides
So why do we carry our burdened black baggage inside of it?
Streaking the marble floor hindering us from seeing the decrees of our Lord
Inscribed in the surfaces and outlines of our temples
How can we fulfill that which we ignore?

Fifth Level
Let God be God in what God does and Only God will understand

He has already paved the road ahead of us
We have the same answers just in different books, said in different ways for different people
The tools are found in every experience that he allows us to face
Tools found in the little places of wisdom that he graciously exposes in unexpected moments

So take all that you have,
Which may not look like much
Imagine the temple he is calling you to be and urging you to build
And blueprint it

No comments:

Post a Comment