Saturday, November 19, 2011

Brace yourself March 2011

Brace yourself
This may sound...psychotic
Maybe even deranged And definately random
But..What if i said...that i loved you?
What if i said ive known you for so long
Heard your name over and over again like a droned out song
And yet my heart still feels like its been electrocuted
whenever it FINALLY registers in my fantasy consumed membrane
What if i said...that i loved you?
I know that sometimes this can be confused teenagers thinking their in love listening to taylor swift as blues
But really having no clue what its like to love you
Love you as in remember when we were young...
well younger than 19
And everyone held hands as if they really knew what it means
Because i want nothing more than for these crevices to be filled with your fingertips
Love you as in i can close my eyes and remember almost ever conversation we've ever had
and they sound even sweeter because maybe they are conversations that we really never had
Love you as in if you walked through those doors and stared me down
i would say yes before your knee had a chance to touch the ground
What if i said i loved you
And i know I know this is absurd
but i take in your every facebook status as if your updating your life with me
Whats on your mind?
Oh just how i know well never be
My friends think im insane, how do you expect him to love you back if he doesnt feel the same?
My excuse is just maybe your afraid
Afraid like i am because these walls built around my heart are going to take more than a chisel or kryptonite
But i will let you be my night in shining armor
Come and rescue me from this love that's starting to drown me
Suffocation from my own messed up fantasies
All im asking is for you to love me
Prove my ideals of men wrong because even if they claim to sing the songs of psalms
Their minds still seek to hurt me
Love me
be my harmony to my melody
My spiral to my notebook
My light to my candle
The laughter to my happiness
If you're a bird then I'm a bird
And baby if you jump then i jump
and i know. This is crazy But what if i said i loved you.
i want to fill a mental scrapbook of every time you've made the smile that appears on my face
i dont want to miss any moment that ever made you proud
and i want catching me to be your proudest
i want to be the girl where your mother whispers
thats her.
across the table as she smiles at me and tells me call me....
what if i said i want to grow old with you
i'm talking big empty house
somewhere in the south
porch swings
retirement and lemonade
where even the rustle of age that has flown through my face will not stop you from saying
i love you
you are the harmony to my melody
 light to my candle
laughter to my happiness
brace yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment