Saturday, November 19, 2011

CONSUMED (Part 2)


And he questions
And asks
And commands
Stop trying to suffocate me
Just let me consume you

And by consume you I mean embrace you from the inside out
Making these butterflies within your stomach rise
You think its infatuation but the fact of the situation is
I want to consume you the way you consume drinks in starbucks cups
$5 dollars a day but I put no price on you
My beloved cant you see I want to consume you
To breath into you like your name was eve
And Adam don’t forget you were the first made in the likeness of me

I gave you eyes not to be covered with the scales of delusion
But to see the infusion of my love in places that don’t look like me
Walk by faith and not be sight instead the light that have placed at your feet
Better yet the light that I have placed inside of you
The light you could have abundantly if you only let me consume you
Don’t worry about the spotlight cos if you do it right eventually it’ll come back to me
I’ll let you take a second to breath

Moses witnessed the burning bush but we don’t have that luxury so Father God let that flame burn inside of me
Lord my only prayer is that you consume me
With every richness that exists
Joy that is nothing less than pure bliss
With the kind of peace known by a infant in their mothers arms
Let your warmth captivate me beyond physicality’s
So that I can be drawn to my knees
In that very moment when you consume me

Let everything I do continuously eliminate the I
Illuminate the you
Father we just want to be consumed by you
Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in us
And I realize that there’s a lot of me, I, Us and we
Involved in these lines of poetry
But ultimately we are your vessels for kingdom lengthening
So as Colossians 2:7 says
Let your roots grow down into us and let our lives be built on you
And we will overflow with thankfulness
For our God is a consuming fire

We cry Holy, Holy are You
Our hearts are burning, burning for you

We are your burning ones
We are consumed by you
We set our lives apart
We are consumed you
Consume







































No comments:

Post a Comment